Scrambled Egg & Ham Brekkie Bagel
Yeap, it’s that time again, it’s Sunday morning and the beasts are starting to leave their bedrooms. They look hungry. Should I be scared? Nah, I have a fully stocked fridge and therefore I was rocking with a cracking brekkie dish for today and I created this Brekkie Bagel Recipe. Simple, and simply delicious and the kids loved it.
Very positive feedback from the kidlets for this Brekkie Bagel Recipe, so a very happy Mummy & Daddy because the kids are now all set up for the day.
What is a bagel?
Come on, surely you know? Really…? You don’t?
A bagel is a type of bread known for its crisp, shining crust and deep, chewy centre. Traditionally associated with the Jewish community of the USA, the bagel can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack with a variety of fillings, such as cream cheese and smoked salmon.
Flour, yeast, salt, and sugar are the essential constituents of bagels. Rolls made with high-gluten flour are chewy and spongy and can be made lighter by adding eggs, milk, and butter.
For a traditional method, the dough is rolled out by hand, sealed by boiling in water for a few minutes, then baked. There is no longer a need to boil the rings in modern mass production.
Either way, a lustrous crust is achieved by brushing on an egg yolk or milk glaze before baking, and before baking, seeds and spices can be added. Bagels can also be created with flavourings, vegetables, nuts, or fruits included in the dough.
Whole-grain and rye varieties are also available now.
Brekkie Bagel Recipe
For 2 hungry kids you will need;
- 1x bagel (you choose which type)
- Salted butter
- 4-5 eggs
- Some delicious ham
- Grated Parmesan
- Sea salt & cracked Kampot black pepper
Now, this is going to be quick folks, 1, 2, 3…
- Cut the bagel in half and get that toasting
- 2″ knob of butter in a saucepan and crack in the eggs
- On the heat and stir with a plastic spatula
- On the heat for a bit and stir, then off the heat for a bit and stir, and repeat, and repeat
- This method will nicely melt the butter and allow the eggs to come together slowly
- When it is nearly done (still a little wet looking but holding together) take the pan off the heat
- Stir in a little grated Parmesan about 2 Tbsp
- Season with sea salt & cracked Kampot black pepper
- Stir that through and the heat of the pan should also then finish off the egg cooking and melt the cheese nicely
- Butter your bagel halves
- Spoon over a nice dollop of the scrambled eggs on each slice
- Arrange your beautiful ham slice on top of the eggs and serve on a platter, as per the pic
That’s it my friends, your very own Scrambled Egg & Ham Brekkie Bagel, a cracking Brekkie Bagel Recipe. The kids loved it.
Try cooking the eggs the way I explained. No oil, just butter, more care and attention to the cooking process and season after cooking not before. Believe me, these will be the best-scrambled eggs you have ever eaten.
The kids confirmed so this morning. I think it looks great and it sure does taste great.
Here’s some more non traditional Bagel recipes from ISLIFEARECIPE, talk about variety…
- Wagyu Burger Brekkie Bagel Recipe – oh yes, talk about. decadent bagel recipe. This is a belter
- Wagyu Mozzarella & Black Truffle Meatball Bagel Recipe – you thought the one above was decadent, well how about this beauty?
- Wagyu ‘w’ Mini Eggs, Mozzarella Nests on Bagels Recipe – yes indeed, sounds complex but is actually so very simple
If you enjoyed this Brekkie Bagel Recipe post and want to keep up with our YouTube channel be sure to Subscribe at ISLIFEARECIPE:
Connect with me on Socials:
Not forgetting my personal cooking YouTube channel at The Angmo Cooking Show
You’ll see much more family fun, many many other recipes on the channel and heaps of restaurant and hawker reviews too.