A platter at Aladdin’s in New Albany
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- First off: TODAY IS NATIONAL DONUT DAY! You can read my 13 Donuts to Celebrate National Donut Day or search the Complete Guide to Columbus Donut Shops. Make sure you celebrate by supporting a locally owned bakery.
- Last week Aladdin’s Eatery opened its newest location at 6284 E. Dublin Granville Rd. in New Albany. This marks their fifth location in central Ohio, joining Worthington, Powell, Clintonville, and Grandview.
- The owners of Alqueria in Victorian Village announced this week that they’ve taken over the old Crafty Pint space at 2234 W. Dublin Granville Rd. and will open Subourbon Southern Kitchen & Spirits by the end of this month.
- Tudie’s Cookies & Sweets opened this week in the old Pattycake Bakery spot, at 3009 N. High St. in Clintonville. Pattycake moved up the street to the old Flowers & Bread space.
- After a fire in their building last December, Legacy Smokehouse in Hilliard shared that they have partly returned to action by serving from their food truck Thursday-Sunday nights in front of their store.
- As reported last week, Worthington Tavern officially opened at 671 High St. in Old Worthington. Get a sneak peek!
- Mjomii Macarons, a regular at local farmers markets, will open its first brick-and-mortar location, called Mjomii Dessert & Coffee House, at 2550 Bethel Rd., in the former Fitzy’s Diner space.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing brings back lunch and weekend brunch service this week!
- The Indie Chefs Community tour arrives in Columbus June 9-12, featuring three nights of special dinners featuring a great lineup of Columbus chefs. Hosted by Chef Avishar Barua, the series takes place at Degrees restaurant at Columbus State’s Mitchell Hall.
- Fukuryu Ramen confirmed this week that its upcoming Polaris location is at 2027 Polaris Pkwy., the former Carfagna’s Kitchen space (which consolidated with the market when they moved to Polaris).
- The new Hilton Downtown Columbus tower announced that Chef Sebastian La Rocca would head up the three dining concepts coming to the hotel.
Come see me! Next week Tuesday, June 7 at 7 p.m., I’m speaking on Ohio Day Trips at the Bexley Library. It’s free; register here!
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.