Image courtesy facebook.com/badabeanbadabooze
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- This week I released my 2022 Holiday Gift Guide! It’s loaded with ideas for coffee and spirits, books and local art, getaways and restaurants. Use it to shop local this season!
- Thrive Companies is set to open a combined coffee shop and cocktail bar called – wait for it – Bada Bean Bada Booze. Situated at 231 E. First Ave. in Italian Village (next to Hoof Hearted’s brewpub), Bada Bean is set to open on Friday, Dec. 2 at 6 p.m.
- A new NYC-style bodega breakfast carryout called Big Apple Breakfast Co. is set to open on Monday, Nov. 28. It’s operated out of the Worthington Pizza Primo location at 895 High St.
- Homestead Beer Co. continues its steady growth with the opening of a Marysville location, the Homestead Taproom & Kitchen. This joins their original Heath taproom, the Cherry Valley Public House (inside Cherry Valley Hotel), and the Delaware Public House.
- Zen Bee Meadery celebrates a grand opening of their new taproom and production facility this Friday and Saturday, Nov. 18-19, from 4-8 p.m. each night. They’ll have about a dozen meads on tap. Following the full opening they’ll expand their hours to Wednesday-Saturday evenings. Zen Bee is located at 480 E. Wilson Bridge Rd. in Worthington.
- The Florida-based chain Paris Banh Mi opened at 6195 Sawmill Rd. in Dublin. (Thanks to @cbusadventures for the tip!)
- Last week the forthcoming The Junto Hotel, located at 77 Belle St. in the Scioto Peninsula development just west of COSI, announced its lineup of in-house eateries. It will include the Little West Tavern, a coffee shop called Maudine’s, a rooftop patio called Brass Eye, the Social Lobby & Bar that serves as check-in counter and cocktail bar. According to their website, The Junto is slated to open in April 2023.
- A new location of Shake Shack celebrated its ribbon cutting at 1370 Polaris Pkwy. last week.
- The Dispatch reported that a new eatery called The O on Lane will open at 352 W. Lane Ave. in the former 7-11 .
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.