Chef Sebastian La Rocca at FYR. Image courtesy facebook.com/fyrshortnorth.
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- In case you missed the news last week, the new two-level restaurant on the ground floor of the new Hilton Downtown addition, FYR, opens officially today. The restaurant is headed up by chef Sebastian La Rocca, a Michelin-starred chef originally from Argentina.
- Columbus Monthly broke the big news this week that a new cocktail-centric late night restaurant called Cobra will take up the former Panera/Clarmont space at 684 S. High St. Set to open next spring, it’s headed up by four alums of Watershed Kitchen & Bar.
- North Market Bridge Park announced this week that Pablo’s Havana Cafe would be joining it as a vendor. It is set to open sometime in the late fall.
- Smokehouse Brewing in Grandview, which has been temporarily closed since early August, holds a soft opening through today (Oct. 14), then will celebrate a full re-opening on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
- In case you missed the news last week, Service Bar at Middle West Spirits re-opens today under the leadership of chef Chris Connolly.
- Creole2Geaux, currently a vendor at East Market, announced that it will also open a stand-alone location at 410 N. Front St. in the Arena District.
- A location of Cincinnati-based Buzzed Bull Creamery is coming soon to 50 S. Liberty St. in Powell.
- Pie of the Tiger, a Detroit-style pizza pop-up from the Yellow Brick Pizza team, will open a second shop inside Mid City Garage in Merion Village. This joins the existing pop-up inside the Short North Tavern.
- 614 Magazine’s Burger & Beer Week returns next, Oct. 17-22. During the week, a variety of participating restaurants will be serving special burgers for $6-8.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.