There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- A new restaurant and beer garden called HillGarten celebrates its grand opening on Saturday, July 23. Located at 4131 Main St. in Old Hilliard, HillGarten features a German-themed menu that includes pretzels, sandwiches, charcuterie, potato salad, and more. It also features a selection of wines by the glass and bottle, draft and canned beer, with a heavy focus on Ohio brews.
- The owner of the Mersh’s Breakfast Cafe food truck announced yesterday that the truck would be closing permanently at the end of July. The truck will be operating for two more weekends.
- In case you missed it, Rockmill Brewery is for sale. The brewery, taproom, and event space, located on an old horse farm outside Lancaster, is still in operation while it’s on the market. In recent years, the brewery converted its Rockmill Tavern in Columbus to Bandit Pizza & Pairings, which is subsequently closed.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing took home a bronze medal for its Bourbon Barrel Coffee Cherry Vanilla Dire Wolf at the recent U.S. Beer Open Championship. A number of Ohio breweries medaled in the competition; see the full list of winners here.
- The Columbus Jazz & Rib Fest returns this weekend, July 22-24, after a two-year hiatus. They’re set to host 20 different barbecue vendors, another dozen+ food vendors, plus beers from Jackie O’s.
- Rose Dough Donuts hosts Donut + Yoga on Saturday, July 23 from 9-11 a.m. in the Clintonville Resource Center lot. Participants get donuts, Ope! Cold Brew, and a T-shirt. Proceeds benefit the CRC.
- Java Central Coffee Roasters in Italian Village hosts a latte art throwdown at Zaftig Italian Village on Monday, July 25 at 6:30 p.m. The event benefits Star House.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Images courtesy HillGarten.