There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- First off: today is NATIONAL DONUT DAY! Use my Columbus Donut Guide or my list of 13 Donuts to Celebrate National Donut Day to find local shops to support.
- The Hungarian Butcher in Linworth announced last week that its smokehouse had caught fire and forced a temporary closure of butcher shop. There’s no word yet on when they’ll reopen.
- The Winn Winn Café, a new takeaway-only cafe and bakery at 1212 W. Third Ave. in Fifth By Northwest, will celebrate its grand opening on Saturday, June 3.
- Kyushu Ramen Bar opened its second location this week at 6418 Pullman Dr. in Lewis Center.
- Starting today, Black Kahawa Coffee will bring an East African Mobile Coffee Experience to the Scioto Mile every Friday this summer from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Find their trailer at West Town and South Civic Center Drive, serving hot coffee and cold brew.
- A new wine festival is coming to Columbus this summer. Organized by the owners of The Bottle Shop and Accent Wine, the Columbus Natural Wine Festival takes place on Saturday, July 8 at the Lazarus Galleria (50 W. Town St.) downtown.
- Cup O Joe‘s Clintonville will remain closed for renovation through June 14.
- Ray Ray’s Hog Pit in Granville, which has since been operating as a carryout only and a supper club, teased that they’ve been slowly reopening back up for indoor seating.
- The Ohio Craft Brewers Association’s annual festival, Six One Pour, is this Saturday, June 3 at the Ohio History Center from 8-11 p.m. The festival features at least two dozen Ohio breweries and a handful of food trucks.
- The Columbus Chicken & Beer Festival returns this Sunday, June 4 to Dodge Park from noon to 9 p.m.
- 614 Now broke the news this week that Mellow Mushroom at Polaris (2170 Polaris Pkwy.) will close after June 12.
- If you’re traveling up to Lake Erie this summer, you can visit Noble Cut Distillery‘s new tasting room and bottle shop on Put-in-Bay, which just opened last weekend.
- This summer, Seventh Son Brewing is hiding golden tickets on six packs of its flagship beers such as Assistant Manager, Scientist, and Humulus Nimbus at local grocery stores in central Ohio. Ten lucky winners will receive a special prize pack.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.