There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- As I reported earlier this week, chef Avishar Barua’s Joya’s Cafe tested some open hours last weekend. Named for his mother, the cafe features full coffee and tea service, sandwiches, fried rice, and other dishes. It’s located in the former Sassafras Bakery space at 657 High St. in Old Worthington. A formal soft opening has not been announced yet.
- This Saturday, Aug. 27, Echo Spirits hosts Sandbar, a daylong, beach-themed party that includes tiki drinks, live music, Aloha Aina and Cupzilla food trucks, a movie, and the release of their new spiced rum.
- 92 Chicken, a Korean fried chicken joint from the owners of CM Chicken, opens a the first Ohio location at 12 S. Sandusky St. in Delaware on Monday, Aug. 29.
- Wild Ginger Asian Fusion has opened a third location, this one at 8591 Sancus Blvd. near Polaris. It joins restaurants in Hilliard and Plain City.
- Columbus Monthly reported that two new eateries are coming downtown: Toraya Moroccan Cuisine will replace Aroma on Lynn Alley while Esco Restaurant & Tapas is taking the former Pub Mahone space on Gay Street.
- The Dispatch also broke the news that Song Lan Restaurant, a Japanese eatery from the owner of 1126 Restaurant, will take the old Hen Quarter space in Dublin’s Bridge Park.
- Pierogi-centric shop Sweet CLE-bus on Lazelle Rd. in Westerville reopens for walk-in hours this Friday and Saturday.
- Multiple sources have reported that Frank’s Fish & Seafood Carryout on the west side has closed; the companion seafood market at 5249 Trabue Rd. is still open, though.
- The Fiery Foods Festival returns this Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 27-28, along the Main Street Bridge downtown, featuring dozens of vendors serving up spicy fare.
- All this weekend, Wolf’s Ridge Brewing hosts SeptemberFest in its taproom and patio, with fair foods, fall beers, games, raffles, live music.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.