There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The owner of Melt Bar & Grilled announced that their Short North location has closed permanently. The Easton location, as well as another 10 locations statewide, remain open.
- Yesterday Columbus Monthly broke the news that Chef Avishar Barua, who is currently working on opening Joya’s Cafe in Old Worthington, is also opening a new live-fire restaurant called Agni in the old Ambrose & Eve space, 716 S. High St. in the Brewery District. According to the article, he’s aiming to have Agni open by the end of the year.
- Steubenville-based DiCarlo’s Pizza, which just opened a shop in Westerville, has closed its Hilliard location at 4142 Main St. They also have a location at 91 E. Fifth Ave. in Italian Village.
- Multiple sources reported that New York-based City Winery has purchased a complex of buildings at 2018 S. High St., part of the The Fort. City Winery will include a restaurant, winery, and event space. It’s set to open sometime this winter.
- Business First reported this week that a taproom and beer store, Fattey Beer Co., based out Buffalo, New York, will open a location at 74 S. State St. in Westerville.
- After a temporary closure, Ghostwriter Public House in Johnstown has reopened.
- The Lot Beer Co., a beer, burger, hot dog, and arcade spot, is coming to 140 N. Prospect St. in Granville, old Three Tigers space (which recently moved across the street). It’s set to open sometime this fall.
- 614 Now shared this week that Marvin’s Restaurant & Lounge is coming to 460 S. Front St. (the former Basil Thai spot) sometime this August.
- Sticky Fingers Ice Cream opens a location this weekend at 3967 Main St. in Kilbourne.
- Can’t Believe It’s Vegan has opened at 584 W. Schrock Rd. in Westerville.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.