Image courtesy The Mercury Diner on Facebook
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The Mercury Diner, a new concept from A&R Creative, opens next week Thursday, Nov. 17 at 621 Parsons Ave. in the former Crest Parsons space. The retro space-themed diner will serve breakfast and lunch.
- The Lot Beer Co., a fun eatery featuring hot dogs, beer, and arcade games, has opened at 140 N. Prospect St. in Granville, the former Three Tigers Brewing/Mai Chau space (which moved across the street last year).
- The Peanut Shoppe, that mainstay of downtown Columbus, has reopened after a temporary closure from surrounding construction. Located at 21 E. State St., the shop has been open since 1936.
- This week Hot Chicken Takeover opened its newest location at 8715 Owenfield Dr. in Lewis Center.
- This week Friday, Nov. 11, Barley’s Brewing taps its annual Christmas Ale. This marks the 30th anniversary of the regular brew. Pat’s Pints wrote up a great overview of its history.
- Next week Wednesday, Nov. 16 is the grand opening of Kroger’s first Mix Food Hall concept, where guests can order prepared foods from 6-7 different concepts at one window. Mix locations will open in the Clintonville and Dublin Krogers in the coming weeks.
- The Daily Bar in Italian Village celebrates its one-year anniversary on Friday, Nov. 11 with a denim party, Ajumama food truck, DJ, specialty drinks, and more.
- 614 reported that Shorty’s Pizza & Growl will open next week Thursday, Nov. 17 in the old Neighbor’s Deli space at 2142 Henderson Rd.
- Easton is gaining a steakhouse and losing one! Cut 132 Steakhouse opened at 4188 Brighton Rose Way, while Smith & Wollensky will move its location from Easton (to an as-yet-announced new spot) in the coming months.
- Multiple sources have reported that a new location of Smashburger will open at 15th and High across from Ohio State’s campus.
- Crumbl Cookies is set to expand its central Ohio footprint with new locations in Reynoldsburg and Grove City.
- The Worthington Farmers Market will move inside to The Shops at Worthington Place starting this Saturday, Nov. 12. The indoor season runs almost every Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon through April.
- A new location of BJ’s Wholesale Club opened at 5900 N. Hamilton Rd. in New Albany.
- Next week Thursday, Nov. 17 you can experience La Chatelaine‘s Beaujolais Nouveau dinner. You can pre-order it as a boxed dinner (place orders by Nov. 14) or dine in at the Worthington or Upper Arlington locations that night from 5-9 p.m.
- And finally… next weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year: THANKSGIVING KOLACHES! Saturday and Sunday Kolache Republic offers up their Thanksgiving kolache, stuffed with turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffed, then served with gravy and cranberry sauce. I highly recommend pre-ordering through their site: kolacherepublic.square.site.
This week I’m also writing:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.