There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Rockmill Brewery announced that its Brewery District concept, Bandit Pizza & Pairings by Rockmill, will close after service this Saturday, April 23. This location at 503 S. Front St. was previously Rockmill Tavern before the brewery pivoted to a pizza place and reopened last fall.
- The Yard Milkshake Bar soft opens its first Columbus location this weekend, April 22-24, at 1055 N. High St. The Yard features over-the-top milkshakes, sundaes, and bowls of ice cream. Based in Gulf Shores, Alabama, the shop came to prominence with an appearance on Shark Tank in 2019.
- Dos Hermanos tacos announced this week that it will open a stand-alone location at 3946 Morse Crossing at Easton. This joins Dos Hermanos’ taco truck and stalls in both North Markets.
- Los Guachos moved a couple doors down to a new location at 1344 Cherry Bottom Rd. in Gahanna. The new storefront reopened this week. The taqueria is exchanging locations with its neighbor, SuperChef’s.
- While we’re on the subject of tacos, 614Now shared this week that the former Momo Ghar spot in Dublin has already reopened as a new venture, Peru Taco Bar.
- The South End Cafe announced this week that it had secured $250,000 in funding to officially open at 1951 Parsons Ave. The coffee shop and cafe is a non-profit social enterprise created by Community Development for All People. The owners said they’re aiming to open in June.
- White Castle added a new special slider to its menu, the 1921 Slider, inspired by the very first hamburger White Castle sold in 1921. The burger combines a beef patty, cheddar, grilled caramelized onions, a slice of Roma tomato, lettuce, and pickles.
- Understory hosts a spring Open Air Market this Saturday, April 23 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in its event space, with more than 20 vendors, drinks, even an open mic.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.