Image courtesy facebook.com/therealneighborsdeli
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- New Albany’s Soulshine Tavern & Kitchen announced on social media that they’ll be closing after service on Saturday, May 21.
- This Saturday is also the last day for Neighbor’s Deli on Henderson Rd. The owner had announced a few months back that, due to continued staffing and supply issues, he would be closing his doors this month.
- Kittie’s Cakes and Kittie’s Cafe are under new ownership. The new owners, Diane and Steve Herman, purchased it from Together & Co. catering company.
- Gatto’s Pizza in Clintonville has completed the move to their new location at 3420 Indianola Ave. the former Wildflower Cafe space. Previously they had made their home on High Street for about 70 years.
- Myungrang Hotdogs, a new Korean hot dog spot, opened last week at 850 N. High St. in the Short North.
- Hills Downtown hosts a ticketed summer picnic event on Saturday, May 21, with food and beverage tastings, live music, giveaways, and more.
- Columbus Craft Beer Week wraps up this Saturday. Many breweries and bars are going out with a bang. Wolf’s Ridge Brewing will be releasing a collection of beers aged in Blanton’s barrels on Saturday the 21st at noon.
- Old Bag of Nails and High Bank Distillery have collaborated on a new collection of craft cocktails, designed using High Bank spirits and served at all Old Bag locations.
- Getaway Brewing Co. hosting the Dublin Cocktail Classic competition, where Dublin bartenders enter with travel-inspired cocktail creations. Judging will take place at a public event on June 13.
- 614 Now reported this week that Yohan Pizza at 515 Lazelle Rd. will be closing after May 28. It will be replaced by an Ange’s Pizza.
- And Business First broke the news that a First Watch will be replacing the shuttered Mellow Mushroom pizzeria in Dublin.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.