There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Subourbon Southern Kitchen & Bar opened this week at 2234 W. Dublin Granville Rd., in the former Crafty Pint space. Owned by Patrick Marker and Jacob Hough, the team behind Alqueria in Victorian Village, the restaurant features modern Southern comfort food like pork rinds, catfish and okra, fried green tomatoes, chicken fried chicken, shrimp and grits – plus a robust whiskey list.
- This week Columbus Monthly broke the news that the owners of Chapman’s Eat Market in German Village are planning a new restaurant in the Short North. Located at 36 E. Lincoln St., the restaurant will be called Hiraeth, and will feature a menu built around wood-fired dishes. This follows fairly closely on the heels of the opening of their latest venture, Ginger Rabbit Jazz Lounge in the Short North.
- Torchy’s Tacos, an Austin-based taco joint, opened its first central location at 1487 Gemini Place this week. Torchy’s serves up creative tacos, salads, burritos, plus a full drink menu.
- Columbus Food Adventures just announced the addition of a new tour, the Summer Cheer Tour. The walking tour of the Short North includes seven stops that include tastings of food and drink.
- This week Bonifacio was featured in Food & Wine’s list of the Best Places for Filipino Food in the U.S.
- Also this week High Bank Distillery won Best Blended Whiskey in America for its barrel-proof Whiskey War at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition – for the second year in a row!
- According to photos shared on social media, Kona Grill is returning to its spot at 4087 New Bond St. at Easton. It had closed in 2019.
- Steubenville’s signature pizza shop DiCarlo’s has soft opened another store in central Ohio. This one is located at 20 S. State St. in Westerville. It’s currently operating under limited hours, and will announce a full grand opening soon.
- Bee Bubbly Juicery is now open at 4013 Main St. in Hilliard.
- A new restaurant called Nativo is coming to Creekside Gahanna, at 64 Granville St., the old J. Gumbo’s space.
- In celebration of Red, White, & Boom, Lincoln Social in the Short North is hosting a special carnival-themed party tonight, July 1, from 4-8 p.m., with pop-ups from Cotton Sugar Co. and The Cheesecake Girl.
- Tickets are on sale for Freedom a la Cart‘s annual soiree Eat Up Columbus, held on July 30 at National Veterans Memorial & Museum rooftop.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.