There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Three Bites Bakery makes its debut at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Saturday, March 12. Operated by Isabella Bonello, the new bakery sits at 999 Mt. Vernon Ave. in the King-Lincoln Bronzeville neighborhood. Bonello has been operating as a home bakery and selling her goods at 700 Bryden Road and at various pop-ups and markets; this is her first brick and mortar space.
- The beloved La Poblanita taco truck in Clintonville announced that they’ll re-open Monday, March 14. The truck has been closed since last December when it was stolen from its spot and stripped for parts. So do your duty and order up some tacos, a torta, or a dinner plate to support this family-run gem!
- 614 Now broke the news this week that Gena’s Restaurant in Westerville has closed. The owners said that they decided not to renew their lease. Gena’s was known for their pancake challenge, in which you eat three of their massive pancakes in one sitting, which I unsuccessfully attempted many years ago.
- Honey Cup Coffee Co. shared on social media that starting this weekend it will move inside The Rambling House music venue at 310 E. Hudson St. Eventually the coffee shop will make a permanent home inside the forthcoming Lovebirds music venue just down the street.
- Falafel Kitchen, which has a stall at North Market Bridge Park, is joining the Buddy Dairy Food Hall‘s Hatch incubator space starting Monday, March 14.
- Multiple sources reported last week that the South Korean-based Tous Les Jour, a French-Asian-inspired bakery, is coming to 2851 Olentangy River Rd.
- TeeJaye’s announced that its new Clintonville location in the old Bareburger space, located just down the road from its previous Morse and High spot, would open on Monday, March 21. The new location also includes the addition of a liquor permit, which means you can get a cocktail to go with your Barnyard Buster.
- Another one of those immersive cocktail experiences is coming to Columbus starting Apr. 28, this time with a Neverland theme.
This week I’m also writing:
Enter your e-mail and click the button to get my weekly e-mail 8 Things to Do, Eat, See, & Drink. By clicking submit, you agree to share your email to receive emails from me.
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.