How to make perfect Shakshuka (Shakshouka) recipe – Eggs are poached in a delicious tomato sauce, very easy to prepare, healthy, comforting, flavorful, wonderful colors, definitely a must try recipe. Shakshuka is usually served for breakfast, though I think it’s perfect for brunch on lazy weekends. This dish is best served right away after cooking alongside some crusty bread or pita.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
#shakshuka #eggsintomatosauce #homecookingadventure
0:00 – Intro
0:17 – Preparing the tomato sauce
2:30 – Make room for eggs
2:40 – Add eggs
2:47 – Cook the eggs
3:08 – Enjoying Shakshuka
Makes about 4-6 servings
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cans (14 oz.- 400g each) diced tomatoes
2 tbsp (30g) tomato paste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
chili flakes, to taste
1 tsp sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh parsley/cilantro for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a 12 inch (30cm) frying pan over medium heat.Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Stir in garlic.
2. Add red bell pepper and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until softened
3. Stir in tomato paste and diced tomatoes and add all the spices and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until it starts to reduce. Adjust the seasonings according to your tastes, add more chili flakes for a spicier sauce or sugar for a sweeter one.
4. Crack the eggs over the tomato mixture, one in the middle and 5 around the edges of the pan. Cover the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve with crusty bread or pita. Enjoy!
View Original Source Here