Thanksgiving Cocktails For 2021 | Cheers
Thanksgiving is here again and it’s time to be thankful and grateful and raise a glass to all that’s good. The entire week marks a time for people to get together with friends and family at home or at a restaurant and enjoy a cocktail. We’re partial to the drinks that celebrate the unique flavors of the fall season. Here are seven that we like this year. (And if you need more inspiration, here’s our holiday roundup from 2020.)
Rocky Mountain Toddy
Angostura bitters, Chamomile, Chamomile tea, honey, lemon, Stranahan’s Original whiskey, whiskey
- 2 oz. Stranahan’s Original whiskey
- 6 oz. Hot brewed chamomile tea
- Honey to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Angostura bitters
The mixologists at Stranahan’s created this recipe.
Autumn Apple Snap
Apple, apple cider, gin, ginger beer, Hendrick’s gin
- 1 ½ parts Hendrick’s gin
- ¾ part Lemon juice
- ¾ part Apple juice or apple cider
- Top with ginger beer
The mixologists at Hendrick’s created this recipe.
Dewar’s Scotch, lime, mint, Peach liqueur, Scotch
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin over ice.
- Shake and strain over ice in a double Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
The mixologists at Dewar’s created this recipe.
Angostura bitters, Apple liqueur, Belvedere vodka, lambrusco, lemon, thyme liqueur, vodka
- 1 ½ oz. Belvedere vodka
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ½ oz. Spiced cranberry shrub
- ¼ oz. Apple liqueur
- 1 tsp. Thyme liqueur
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients except for lambrusco into a small tin.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain back into the small tin and add lambrusco.
- Pour over fresh ice in highball glass.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig, lemon twist, cranberry fruit roll up, grated nutmeg.
Gary Wallach of Lindens at Arlo SoHo in New York created this recipe.
Thanks for the Rum, Holiday Punch
Apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, Cranberry pomegranate juice, honey, Koloa spice rum, rum
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 6 Whole cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups Apple cider
- 1 cup Cranberry pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup Koloa spice rum
- 1 can Ginger ale
- Combine honey, cloves, cinnamon sticks and ½ cup of cider in a small saucepan over medium.
- Cook, stirring often until honey is dissolved and mixture fragrant with spices (about seven minutes).
- Remove from heat, cool and steep 15 minutes.
- Discard cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Combine spiced cider mixture, cranberry pomegranate juice, spice rum, ginger ale and remaining apple cider in a large punch bowl.
- Garnish with sliced apples, oranges, pomegranate seeds and a rosemary sprig and serve over ice.
Serves 4; the mixologists at Koloa created this recipe.
Cognac, Crop Meyer lemon vodka, D’Usse VSOP Cognac, lemon, lime, orange, Orange Curaçao, strawberry
- 1 ½ parts D’Ussé VSOP Cognac
- ¾ part Orange Curaçao
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 Orange wedge
- 2 Fresh strawberries
- In a shaker, muddle lemon, lime, orange and strawberries.
- Then add orange Curaçao, ice and Cognac.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a crushed ice-filled rocks glass.
The mixologists at D’Ussé created this recipe.
Pom + Ginger
- 2 oz. 1800 Cristalino tequila
- ¾ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. Ginger syrup
- ½ oz. Pomegranate juice
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain over fresh ice into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a starfruit.
The mixologists at 1800 created this recipe.