Hi it’s me, your fairy lunch godmother here to bring you one of the easiest, most satisfying, and absolutely delicious lunch recipes that only takes 10 minutes to make: BUFFALO CHICKPEA SALAD WRAPS.
If you know me, you know I’ll add hot sauce to pretty much anything. What you may not know is that I’ve recently become low key obsessed with adding buffalo sauce to recipes (aka this buffalo mac & cheese and these tuna (or chicken!) stuffed bell peppers). That’s right, spicy, tangy buffalo sauce somehow has my heart.
The idea for these amazing buffalo chickpea salad wraps came out of this newfound love. We’re not just making wings here, people! This amazing wrap is loaded with veggies and protein thanks to chickpeas and my go-to siggi’s yogurt. The yogurt also adds the perfect creamy, cooling balance to your fav buffalo sauce, and the whole thing is wrapped up with fresh, crunchy veggies.
I’ve included tons of delicious ways to customize your wraps, plus fun new ways to eat the buffalo chickpea salad! I know you’ll love this one.
Ingredients in these buffalo chickpea salad wraps
These delicious buffalo chickpea wraps have over 13g of protein per serving and use super simple ingredients but are packed with flavor and crunch. Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Chickpeas: the base of the filling in these wraps is made with a can of chickpeas, which provides a boost of protein.
- Veggies & produce: you’ll be mixing your mashed chickpeas with shredded carrot, diced celery, cilantro and red onion. The perfect pairing with that buffalo flavor!
- For the dressing: here’s the fun part – you’ll mix a couple of tablespoons of your favorite buffalo sauce with siggi’s plain yogurt for a creamy, spicy balance that takes the chickpea salad to the next level. Siggi’s yogurt adds yet another great boost of protein!
- For the wraps: you’ll want to use any 8-inch tortillas you’d like (including gluten or grain free), and you’ll wrap up the salad with fresh spinach, avocado and sliced red onion. SO GOOD.
Customize your wraps
- Add extra heat: if you love spice like I do, feel free to add another tablespoon of buffalo sauce and/or use a spicy buffalo sauce.
- Mix in more veggies: dice some bell pepper to fold into the salad, or add slices of them into the wrap!
- Choose your protein: these wraps would also be delicious with cooked, cubed tofu, cooked, shredded chicken, or even canned tuna!
Looking for a different dressing?
Try mixing the chickpea salad in one of these delicious, yogurt-based dressings:
The best buffalo chickpea wraps in 3 easy steps
- Mix the salad. Drain & rinse your can of chickpeas, mash them with a fork in a large bowl, then add the diced celery, shredded carrot, cilantro and red onion.
- Add the sauce. Next, add the yogurt and buffalo sauce and mix it all together well. Taste and adjust by adding more buffalo sauce if you’d like, as well as salt and/or pepper.
- Assemble the wraps. Finally, top a tortilla with 1/3rd of the chickpea salad and add spinach, a few avocado slices and red onion slices on top. Roll it up like a burrito, tucking in the ends as you go. Repeat with the remaining 2 tortillas to meal prep or share with others, or store the salad and wrap up later; enjoy!
Delicious ways to serve this buffalo chickpea salad
I absolutely love rolling up the buffalo chickpea salad with veggies in tortilla wraps, but feel free to try these other ways to serve the salad!
- Collard wrap: for a low carb, grain & gluten free option, roll up all of the salad ingredients in a collard wrap or lettuce wrap! Get all of my tips for making collard wraps here.
- Bread: of course, pile the chickpea salad high with veggie toppings on your go-to bread for a heartier meal. I love a good seedy sandwich bread, especially my homemade recipe.
- Chips & crackers: because scooping salads with chips is trending right now (as it should be) enjoy the buffalo chickpea salad as a dip by serving it with tortilla chips or my paleo crackers!
Store any leftover buffalo chickpea salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
More savory recipes using yogurt
Get even more ways to use siggi’s yogurt here!
I hope you love these avocado buffalo chickpea salad wraps! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Avocado Buffalo Chickpea Salad Wraps
Flavorful buffalo chickpea salad wraps packed with crunchy veggies, creamy avocado, and fresh spinach. These easy buffalo chickpea wraps are packed with protein thanks to siggi’s yogurt and a full can of chickpeas for the perfect packable weekday lunch!
- For the salad:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (from 1 medium carrot)
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup siggi’s plain yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons buffalo sauce, depending on your spice level
- For the wraps:
- 3 (8-inch) tortillas of choice (a standard easy to wrap tortilla is fine)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- Sliced red onion
Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to a large bowl and use a masher or fork to mash most of the chickpeas. Add in diced celery, shredded carrot, cilantro and red onion.
Next add in the yogurt and buffalo sauce and stir to combine and coat all the ingredients.Taste and adjust as necessary. You may want to add salt and/or pepper.
To make the wraps: add a tortilla to a plate and top with 1/3rd of the chickpea salad. Top each with spinach, a few avocado slices and a few red onion slices. Wrap up like a burrito, folding ends in as you go, then cut the wrap in half if desired and enjoy! Salad will stay fresh for 5-7 days in the fridge.
To make it less spicy, use a mild buffalo sauce. For more spice, use a spicy/hot buffalo sauce!
To make gluten free: use a gluten free or grain free tortilla of choice.
See the full post for even more ways to customize this recipe!
Servings: 3 servings
Serving size: 1 wrap (on an 8-inch tortilla)
Saturated fat: 2.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by The Mindful Hapa
This post is sponsored by siggi’s. All text and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make AK possible!