If you’ve never tried cashew milk before you’re seriously in for a treat. While I’m typically a vanilla almond milk girl, cashew milk tends to be extra creamy and has a slightly richer, delicious flavor.
Today we’re making easy homemade cashew milk with hints of flavor and slight sweetness from cinnamon and dates. Your morning coffee just got a whole lot better!
Cashew milk can tend to be expensive when you buy it in stores, so save a little money and use our step-by-step tutorial to make it with a few simple tools. It’s seriously 1000x better than any store bought version and the natural sweetness of the dates makes it extra special. Remember to get all of our delicious nut milk flavors in this post!
Fall in love with homemade cashew milk
If you’ve never made your own nut milk before, get ready for a new favorite kitchen hack. This homemade cashew milk recipe is:
- Packed with flavor. We’re using the real deal, raw cashews in this recipe, plus amazing flavors from cinnamon, dates and a little sea salt.
- Nutritious. With a whole cup of cashews in the recipe, you’ll actually get some healthy fats instead of just water (like traditional, store-bought nut milks). We’re also skipping the stabilizers and strange ingredients found in store-bought cashew milk.
- Super versatile. Use this creamy cashew milk in coffee, smoothies and even recipes. The options are endless!
Everything you’ll need to make cashew milk from scratch
This easy recipe for cinnamon date cashew milk requires two core ingredients plus some yummy flavor add-ins that make it extra special. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cashews: of course, because we’re making cashew milk! I recommend using raw cashews so that you can control the salt and flavor.
- Water: you’ll need filtered water to soak the cashews and blend them up into milk.
- Flavors: we’re also adding cinnamon, Medjool dates to sweeten a bit and a little sea salt because we’re fancy and fun.
Don’t forget these essential tools
To make this cashew milk recipe you’ll just need a few tools and a bit of time. Here’s what you’ll need:
How to make homemade cashew milk
Get ready for creamy, flavorful cashew milk right at your fingertips. Here’s how to make it:
Step 1: add your cashews to a bowl and cover them with enough water to submerge them. Let the cashews soak for 6-8 hours or overnight so that they soften up.
Step 2: once the cashews are done soaking, drain them from the water and rinse them out.
Step 3: add the soaked, rinsed cashews to a blender with 4 cups of fresh, filtered water, as well as the cinnamon, dates and salt.
Step 4: blend the mixture on high speed for 1 minute. If you feel like you need to blend them more, simply do so for 30 more seconds.
Step 5: place your nut milk bag or clean dish towel over a large bowl or pitcher. Carefully pour the cinnamon date cashew milk into the bag or towel and strain the liquid into the bowl. Use your hands to wring out all of the milk. There you have it!
Use the cashew pulp for later
After straining the cashew milk, don’t toss the pulp — it can be used to make homemade crackers, flour, or even add to smoothies.
Store your DIY cashew milk in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you find that it has separated, gently shake the jar to mix it up.
Try these other nut milk flavors
Don’t forget to check out our full post for making any kind of nut milk you’d like!
Amazing ways to use cashew milk
Now that you have creamy cashew milk in your refrigerator, here are some great ways to use it:
- Pour it into your morning coffee
- Use it as a base for smoothies to keep them dairy free
- Enjoy it with your fav cereal or homemade granola
- Use it any recipes that require milk
Get even more inspo with the recipes using nut milk!
More of our fav kitchen tutorials
I hope you love this easy homemade cashew milk recipe! If you try it, be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Homemade Cinnamon Date Cashew Milk
Prep Time 6 hours 10 minutes
Total Time 6 hours 10 minutes
Creamy homemade cashew milk with delicious flavor from cinnamon and Medjool dates. This easy cashew milk recipe is wonderful in coffee, baking recipes, smoothies and more!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups filtered water (plus more for soaking overnight)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 pitted Medjool dates
- pinch of sea salt
Add cashews to a bowl and cover with enough water to submerge. Soak 6-8 hours or overnight. This helps them soften enough so that they can blend properly.
In the morning, drain cashews from their soaking water and rinse them in a colander.
Add soaked cashews and 4 cups of fresh filtered water to a high-powered blender. Add in cinnamon, dates and sea salt.
Blend on high speed for 1 minute, adding 30 seconds more if you feel it necessary to blend.
Place your nut milk bag over a large bowl or pitcher. Pour the cashew milk into the bag and strain the liquid into the bowl, using your hands to wring out all of the milk.
Pour the cashew milk from the bowl into glass jars. Milk will keep in the fridge for up to a week, if not longer. If it separates, simply shake the jars.
Don’t toss the nut pulp — it can be used to make homemade crackers, add to smoothies or nut flour.
To store: store your DIY cashew milk in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you find that it has separated, gently shake the jar to mix it up.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats