Sautéed Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta is the best Brussel sprout recipe! Lightly pan fried until slightly browned on the edges, it’s my favorite way to cook and eat them!
Sprouts with Pancetta is the best Brussel sprout recipe! Lightly pan fried until crisp and slightly browned on the edges, it’s my favorite way to cook and eat them!” width=”550″ height=”825″ />Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Sauteed brussels sprouts are delicious when shredded and sautéed with pancetta (or bacon), garlic and oil. If you don’t think you like Brussels sprouts, I challenge you to try these! I love when people tell me they don’t like Brussels sprouts, then quickly change their mind after tasting them prepared this way. I too once thought I didn’t like Brussels sprouts until my girlfriend Nicole turned me on to shredded them before sauteing in garlic and oil. Now I love them! You can easily prep everything to make this a day or two before if you are making this for Thanksgiving. You should also try Brussels Sprouts Gratin, or Maple Soy Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon.
How to shred Brussels Sprouts:
There are several ways to do this. The easiest is buying them pre-shredded but I don’t recommend this as they are not as fresh once they are cut. Instead this is how I do it:
- I prefer to use a sharp knife and find this rather relaxing but it is a little time consuming. To do so, trim of the stems, discard any outer leaves that fall off and cut them in half lengthwise. Once they are halved, put the cut side down on the cutting board and slice them thin.
- A quicker way to do this is with a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment. Turn the food processor on, then drop the Brussels sprouts in working in batches.
What do you Saute Brussels sprouts in?
I use a large heavy skillet to saute, you want to make sure the skillet is hot so the edges brown, and stir often.
- Swap the pancetta for bacon.
- Swap the pancetta for turkey bacon if you don’t eat pork.
- Leave the meat out altogether and add shallots.
- For a vegetarian version similar to this, try Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Shallots.
You may also like these Brussels sprout recipes:
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
87 Cals 3.5 Protein 9.5 Carbs 4 Fats
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta is the best Brussel sprout recipe! Lightly pan fried until crisp and slightly browned on the edges, it’s my favorite way to cook and eat them!
- 2 oz pancetta, minced
- 2 lb brussels sprouts, weight after outer leaves and stems removed
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or sliced thin
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
With a large sharp knife, finely shred the brussels sprouts after thoroughly washing.
In a deep heavy saute pan, sauté pancetta on medium-low heat until fat melts and pancetta becomes golden, about 5 minutes. Add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden. Add shredded brussels sprouts, salt and pepper to taste and sauté on high heat for about 6 to 10 minutes, until tender crisp.
Makes about 7 cups.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Calories: 87kcal, Carbohydrates: 9.5g, Protein: 3.5g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 148mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3.5g
Blue Smart Points: 2
Green Smart Points: 2
Purple Smart Points: 2
Points +: 2
Keywords: best brussel sprouts recipe, best brussels sprout recipe, brussel sprouts with pancetta, brussels sprouts with bacon, Sauteed brussels sprouts, shredded brussels sprouts