Healthy breakfast recipes | Millet dosa | Ragi idli & dosa | Green gram idli
Foxtail Millet – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 Tsp
Poha/Beaten Rice – 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
1. Soak the millet for 6 hours
2. Soak the urad dal with fenugreek seeds for about 6 hours
3. Soak the beaten rice for 30 minutes before grinding
4. Grind everything to a fine batter and mix well together
5. Add salt and let the batter ferment for 6 hours
6. After fermentation, pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and start making the dosas
7. Serve the Millet Dosas hot with sambar and chutney
Ragi Idli & Dosa
Ragi – 100 ml
Urad Dal – 50 gms
Idli Rice – 100 gms
Eggless Ragi Chocolate Cake recipe – https://goo.gl/w3xLYU
Ragi Sevai 2 Ways recipe – https://goo.gl/fNjPFb
1. Soak ragi, urad dal and rice separately for about 3 hours
2. Once soaked, grind the urad dal to a smooth batter and take it in a bowl
3. Next, grind ragi and rice together to a smooth and fine batter and add it to the urad dal batter
4. Add some rock salt and mix it well
5. Let the batter ferment for about 8 hours
6. Once the batter is fermented, it is ready to make idlis and dosas
7. To make idlis, add the batter into the idli moulds and steam cook it
8. To make dosas, add a ladle of the batter onto the tawa and spread the batter thin
9. Add oil and cook both sides of the dosa by flipping it
10. You can serve the idlis and dosas hot with some chutney and sambar .
Green Gram Idli
Green Gram – 1 cup(250 ml)
Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
1.Rinse and soak the green gram overnight.
2.Rinse and soak the urad dal for about 2 hours.
3.Drain the water and grind the green gram finely.
4.And likewise with the urad dal.
5.Now add salt and mix the two batter evenly and let the batter ferment for a 4 hours
6.Apply the idli moulds with oil and pour in the fermented idli batter half way.
7.Steam the idlis until they are cooked completely.
8.You can check the idlis by poking a toothpick in it, if the toothpick comes clean, then they are cooked completely.
9.Let the idlis cool for about 2 minutes and unmould them.
10.Your green gram idlis are ready to be served hot with any sambar or chutney.
View Original Source Here