Full Written recipe for Veg Kolhapuri
Prep time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 5-6 people
Kolhapuri base gravy
• Oil 2 tbsp
• cinnamon 1 inch
• cloves 4-5 nos.
• peppercorn 4-5 nos.
• black cardamom 1 no.
• green cardamom 2-3 nos.
• cumin seeds 1 tsp
• coriander seeds 1 tbsp
• very spicy chilli 3-4 nos.
• Kashmiri red chilli 7-8 nos.
• poppy seeds 1 tsp
• fresh coconut 3 tbsp
• Water 50 ml
• Set a pan on low heat, add oil and the remaining whole spices, dry roast them on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
• Further add the nariyal and stir & cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame or until the coconut has turned light brown in colour. Remove them on a plate & cool down to room temperature
• Transfer them in a grinding jar, add water and grind into a fine paste. Keep it aside to be used later.
For tomato cashew puree
• Tomatoes 7-8 medium sized
• Boiled cashew nuts 9-10 nos.
For half fried veggies
• Oil 1 tbsp
• cauliflower 1/2 cup blanched
• carrots 1/2 cup (diced)
• green peas 1/2 cup
• french beans 1/2 cup
• onion petals 1/2 cup
• capsicum 1/2 cup
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Jeera 1 tsp
• bay leaves 1-2 nos.
• Red chillies 2-3 nos.
• Onions 2 medium sized (chopped)
• Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
• Green chillies 3-4 nos. (chopped)
• Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
• Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tbsp
• Water as required
• Salt to taste
• Kashmiri red chilli paste 5-6 tbsp
• Paneer 200 grams (optional)
• Garam masala 1 tsp
• Kasuri methi 1 tsp
• fresh coriander as required (chopped)
• lemon juice 1 tsp
• For tomato puree, grind the tomatoes and boiled cashews together into a fine puree, keep it aside to be used later.
• For half fried veggies, set a pan on medium heat, add oil, add cauliflower and stir fry on high flame for 1-2 minutes, remove in a bowl and keep it aside.
• Further, in the same pan add carrots, green peas & french beans, stir & cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes. Remove in a bowl & keep aside.
• In the same pan, add additional oil if required, stir capsicum & onions for 1-2 minutes on high flame, remove in a bowl & keep aside.
• Set a wok on medium heat, add oil, jeera, tej patta & sukhi lal mirchi, stir cook on medium flame for a minute.
• Further add onions, and cook until it turns light golden brown in colour.
• Add ginger garlic paste & green chillies, stir & cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
• Further lower the flame and add turmeric & red chilli powder, stir & cook briefly for few seconds on low flame, further add the prepared kolhapuri base gravy and some water, to avoid any wastage, add l150-200 ml water and mix with the remaining paste in the grinding jar and pour it, stir and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the ghee separates.
• Add the prepared tomato cashew puree, salt to taste, stir & cook for 4-5 minutes.
• Add the kashmiri red chilli paste, stir & cook on medium high heat for 5-6 minutes while stirring in regular intervals.
• Now, add the stir-fried veggies, and stir well, do not mash the veggies while stirring.
• Add some hot water if required to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
• Add paneer, garam masala, kasuri methi, freshly chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
• Your veg kolhapuri is ready, finish with some more freshly chopped coriander leaves, serve hot with some roti, naan or any indian bread of your choice.
#YFL #SanjyotKeer #Kolhapuri
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3CdPbSc
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3o6alLt
Instagram – https://bit.ly/2RFkL8z
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://bit.ly/3tpjqQA
Instagram – https://bit.ly/3o0FZK8
Twitter – https://bit.ly/33qQpJN
View Original Source Here