Best Burger Grilling Tips!
We’re taking you on the road during this episode up to the northeast for our best burger grilling tips. I’ll be giving you some of my all-time favorite tips for throwing some burgers on the grill and as a bonus- I’m sharing our Green Chile Cheeseburger Recipe that will sure be a crowd pleaser.
Enjoy the video and leave questions or comments below.
Roasted Green Chile Burgers
1 pound hamburger meat (preferably 20% fat)
Salt and black pepper or Red River Ranch Original Seasoning
1 cup milk
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon chile powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
4 New Mexico green chiles, Anaheim peppers or Poblano peppers, roasted
4 hamburger buns
Additional toppings: onion, tomato, etc. (optional)
1. Form the hamburger into 4 patties and season both sides with salt and pepper or Red River Ranch Original Seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. This helps the burgers stay together better when grilling.
2. Remove the patties from the refrigerator to warm just slightly before grilling.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the milk and flour over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens just slightly, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheddar cheese until smooth. Stir in the spices until combined. Keep warm until ready to serve.
5. Place the burgers on a medium-high heat greased grill. Grill about 6 to 8 minutes per side or until there is no pink in the middle. Unlike a steak, hamburger meat should be cooked medium-well to well done because it is a processed meat. Let it rest a few minutes before serving.
6. Place the burgers on buns and top with roasted chiles, cheese and any additional toppings.
To roast the chiles: With a pair of tongs, hold the chile over direct heat/flame from the grill. Rotate until all sides are blackened. Repeat with the remaining chiles. Place in a bowl of cold water for several minutes. Remove the chiles from the water and peel off the blackened skin and discard. Cut the chile along one side to open up. Remove the seeds and inner membrane.
Check out our BEST SELLING cookbook, A Taste of Cowboy. Available at bookstores nationwide, Amazon http://amzn.to/2uBl4EM
Get our FREE guide to smoothing cast iron HERE: http://eepurl.com/ckJhmP
Want more recipes and tips? Sign up for our emails:
Click below to SUBSCRIBE for more videos:
Connect with us!
Chuck Wagon Cook, Grilling, Dutch Oven Cooking, Cowboy, Cast Iron
View Original Source Here